Sunday 1 January 2012

The Graphic Novel Challenge 2012



Hosted by Nicola @ Back to Books
I’ve always been a big fan of graphic novels, as I count them as one of the awesome things you can and should nerd out about. However recently I’ve realised that my nerdiness in this area is quite restricted, mainly to fantasy such as Neil Gaiman and Dave McKean collaborations and the genius work of Alan Moore and his various partners in crime. So I’ve decided that in order to classify myself as a true nerd I should expand my range, take risks and board other nerd ships and explore new genres of graphic novel.
I’m signing up for this as it looks like awesome amounts of fun and because graphic novels are relaxing a relatively easy to read and i think that a relaxing challenge will go well with the three reading challenges i'm already doing. I’m planning to read 12 graphic novels but depending how many I can borrow off people or find in libraries I may end up reading more or less... hopefully it’ll be more but we shall see. Does anyone have any suggestions for awesome graphic novels I could read?
So far I’m planning to read:

  • ·         The Umbrella Academy – Dallas
  • ·         Persepolis – Marjane Satrapi
  • ·         The Invention of Hugo Cabret – Brian Selznick
  • ·         Fables Vol.1: Legends in Exile – Bill Willingham
  • ·         The Dark Tower: A Gunslinger Born
  • ·         The Walking Dead Vol.1 – Robert Kirkman

No comments:

Post a Comment